4/16/14

Novercaphobia

The fear of stepmothers

     I know a little about this subject at least because I, very much like the fairy tale and female version of me, Cinderella, also had an evil stepmother of my very own.  This, I gotta say from my own experience, is a legitimate fear that I can totally understand.  Having a Stepmother is a very strange thing for a child anyway but if you get yourself a twisted new evil step mommy childhood can be a really rough ride.
     Don't get me wrong, there are probably a ton of great step moms out there but my Dad didn't marry any of those.  He gave me two step mothers, and both of them were evil.  One liked to make me write like 500 sentences saying I'd lift or put down the toilet seat, like I'm Bart Simpson or something.  Then she took everything in our house one day while we were at school and pops was at work.  The second one would openly tell me how Dad would always believe her and I would lose often.  And she was always right too.  That is why step mothers are scary I think and why this fear exists.


While your here stick around and read more jokes plus don't forget to comment, join, follow, share, and etc us before you go!  But seriously though, thanks for coming and come back often soon.

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had to deal with stepmothers and stepfathers as a kid. No fun although I never lived with the stepmother and she turned out cool. Then right after I got married, my husband's parent split and one remarried, the other just hooked up with what I call a weenie boy. Weenie boys are well defined, soft jowls, balding and don't contribute anything to a conversation. This guy, Paul Shaffer of Letterman fame, Joe Lieberman, the Draw Me turtle. One of our local weatherman. Ugh.
    Marlene at On Writing and Riding

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a storyteller, the question of stepmothers comes up often. I developed a repertoire of positive stepmother stories, to balance out all the evil :D

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Tales of colors
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What terrible stepmother experiences! No wonder you can relate to novercaphobia.

    TaMara
    AJ's AtoZ wHooligan
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's ok though. I'm out, my Dad still has her.

      Delete
  4. I can relate to your experience to a degree... my stepmother was not very nice for pretty much the whole time I lived with my dad & her. Then, miraculously, on the day I moved out, she was suddenly a nice person. Hmm... I seem to have that effect on people. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stepmother was great. I mean one time she left me in the forest, and another time she accidentally tried to bake me in a pie, but other than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, those are just normal parenting mistakes.

      Delete
  6. I had a stepmom for a few years but I got along with her and her three kids fine. My sister, on the other hand, didn't get along with her at all. Dad her divorced after a few years. My mom, however, has been married to my stepdad for almost 20 years now. There are many evil step-parent stories out there though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion, whats up?