4/29/14

Your strangest fears are?

What are you most afraid of that's kinda strange?

     From what I can find there are NO true phobias that start with the letter 'Y' because there are no Greek words that begin with the letter 'Y'.  So since there aren't any phobias at all for the letter 'Y' to choose from I figured that for today's post I could share some things that I am afraid of and hopefully you guys will comment below and share some of your fears.
     My biggest fear is of heights.  I don't have a small fear of heights, I am absolutely terrified of heights.  I can't even climb a ladder more than halfway because my legs just won't move anymore past a certain point.  So, if you want to hide junk food from me, you can't go wrong if you hide it up high.  I also don't like birds or any flying insect or animal for that matter flying around me.  One more thing that freaks me out just to make it an even three is mice.  I hate mice and will act like a complete and total sissy if one scurries across the floor.  I turn into a 12yr old girl in the presence of even the tiniest of mice.
     So there you have it.  I have shared three of my fears with you and now it's your turn.  Comment below and tell us about what things you are afraid of.  Thanks for stopping by and remember, come back often soon!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I remember that, I remember having enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I am afraid of tipping over in a vehicle. Sure, who isn't - but I worry about a lot and even dream about it. Those little dreams right as you're falling asleep that jerk you awake? Mine are always about tipping over. Usually because my husband who likes to multi-task when driving misses a curve. I get out and walk when we go 4-wheeling on anything involving sideways. I'll ride a horse on any crazy terrain - they have a vested interest in surviving, the vehicle does not.
    I have a whole other phobia about food that can rot. I don't do leftovers and if something has been in the fridge for more than 2-3 days, regardless of what it looks/smells like, I throw it out. Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't live in the middle of nowhere and only shop every 2 weeks. Yay for preservatives.
    Marlene at On Writing and Riding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tipping over in a vehicle is a good fear, I get that one. The leftovers though, you lost me there. I am known to eat really old leftovers as long as they smell ok.

      Delete
  3. Arachnophobia for me= those creepy crawlies are more than I can stand. While we don't don't see any scorpions around here (thank goodness!) we do get spiders and they totally freak me out. Insects/bugs in general are not high on my list of favorite things but I can deal with most of the typical things seen around here (North America)- everything save for spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too really. I think a lot of people hate bugs. That's why I think we call them bugs.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure, to be honest. When I was trying to figure out how to write horror (which I still suck at), a friend tried to ask me all of these things to see if I was afraid of any of them. Not even public speaking. I don't like it but I competed in it in high school and debate in college. Spiders, rodents, heights are awesome, and no fears that come to mind. Maybe death, I'm not ready for that one yet. But not much else at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you afraid of being in the basement and the lights go out? If not you just might be Chuck Norris.

      Delete
  5. I'm borderline agoraphobic. I did a breast cancer walk a few years ago and it was like a claustrophobic stuck in a box - OMG it was awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what though, I hate large clustered crowds too. I think a lot of people share that one.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the discussion, whats up?