4/12/14

Kathisophobia

The fear of sitting down

     OK, sit down.  I'm going to talk to you about being scared to sit down.  If you didn't sit down because you are scared too please, continue reading anyway, we know that you are scared and we will not judge you here.  But yes, as awesome as what most of you that aren't too scared to do so are doing right now, sitting down really is scary to some.
     Maybe, if you lived in the movie Crank and if you stop to rest your heart will explode sitting down would be a scary thing to do but, I'm sitting right now and I gotta tell you, sitting down is a whole lot nicer than standing up, and I know what I'm talking about because I was standing up right before I sat down.  But despite it being so awesome, relaxing and clearly superior to standing in every way, some folks are just too afraid to sit.

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and laugh at some jokes then come back often soon! Plus, don't forget to comment below, then follow and share us to show everyone how awesome you are! 

     

10 comments:

  1. There is an Italian children's book called Gelsomino in the Country of Liars, and it has a character who ages incredibly fast, but only when he is sitting down. He doesn't age as long as he is standing. One of the most fascinating literary tales I have ever read!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Tales of colors
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess being afraid to lay down would be worse. I love sleep!
    Marlene at On Writing and Riding

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very entertaining, Shawn. Thanks for the chuckles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from A/Z; cute theme you got going here. I am so glad I do not have the fear of sitting down, seeting how my work involves sitting all day.

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta feel for the poor sap with Kathisophobia waiting for his doctor... aka the time vampire :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an interesting one. I prefer sitting after working on my feet so glad I don't have this fear or my feet would want to go on strike.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are only a few places where I manifest kathisophobia - wall-to-wall stations where everyone is standing, broken overstuffed chairs with some unknown grime/ooze clearly smeared all over it, and a bench in the middle of a viper pit. Actually, I have never had the opportunity to sit at any of these places but just the thought is fearful--- my heart is racing just thinking about it. I better go sit down.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    Mary @ The View from my World

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant believe there are A to Z phobia words. Would love coming back to check which fear i have.

    BTW i have this kathisophobia. I continue to stand thinking what's next errand i have to attend. I have to tell myself to sit and take a deep breath to relax.

    Love from India,
    http://sinhasat302.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes I've heard of this. They have to poop standing up. And lay down to eat dinner. That's what really started that planking phase.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the discussion, whats up?