4/20/13

Rockin' Out To A Literal 80's Video

     80's music was hilarious.  Now, I ain't going to lie, I liked it, I still do.  But music video's in the 80's were tremendously funny.  Heavy Metal, Pop, or Rap, it didn't matter.  Across every genre of music the video's were 99% comedies.  The greatest thing about 80's video's was they had absolutely nothing to do with the song.  
     Music videos were new, and the bands, nor their record companies had any idea what to do in them so, mostly they just made up some crazy concept for the video that they thought would be popular with viewers.  The result was a lot of wild videos that made no sense.  As an example I've included the literal video of the 80's song Safety Dance below to illustrate how the song would go if it matched it's video.  Enjoy,



8 comments:

  1. Wow, that makes me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best songs from the 80s EVER...or so I'm told. *ahem* Always did love that video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocking out to oldies but goodies - but my oldies but goodies are the marvelous 70s!! Never can get enough of that good ole 70s- Bread, America, James Taylor, Carlie Simon, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, Kiss . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love music videos from the '80s for that exact reason. And awesome choice, this song is classic on its own, but with the video you posted, good call!
    ____
    Find me:
    Blog: http://allysonlindt.com
    email: Allyson.Lindt@gmail.com
    Twitter: @AllysonLindt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for coming by, come laugh with us again soon!

      Delete

Thanks for joining the discussion, whats up?